Monday, February 4, 2013

Teaching Siri my Name, and my First Feather.

I am trying to teach Siri my name. It (she? he?) is calling me "əla ," not quite "Ella;" the fudging schwa of the first vowel affording my whole name barely two moras--almost a monosyllable. We haven't been properly introduced. I don't like it when someone starts using my name without introduction; it's a virtual guarantee they'll get it wrong. Even with introduction...
For the rest, click here http://feathe.rs/201302041959


My first "feather," as I experiment with possibilities for this blog's future. (My blog, mini-me, parallel life.)
I hear the request not to get rid of pictures, so this one may not ultimately work out. I also very much appreciate the dialogue possible with comments. However, I like the clean simplicity.

Feedback?

3 comments:

  1. I get the idea of microblogging and I get what Leo Babuta does with Minimalist (http://mnmlist.com/) --but I am not in love. Yes, the quick and fun post was OK, but I have so much more liked UH.....ah, the resistance, the resistance....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Kay, thank you so much for the feedback. It really means a very great deal. I revisited the 'feather' and found a TYPO also, grrr! Also, this is the first time I've had my blog alluded to by its initials and I felt "Yay!"--it's a mark of some kind of arrival. Also, as I contemplate blog changes, it's a good indicator to keep the name the same. Conventional wisdom is either to use your own name or to compose a snappy, alliterative, brand-name-type jingly catchphrase. But I'm equivocal about the double-barreling of my name and quite likely to just use my own original last name for publications, and I'm not much of a one for the dunkin' donuts and java jackets, although I get the concept. "Ulterior Harmony" is a mouthful no doubt, but as you show, it can be abbreviated, and it really is the key concept of pretty much everything I write.

      Delete

I greatly appreciate any and all comments, and endeavor to respond to each one individually. Until I have figured out a fully automated comment platform, I try to 'hand-deliver' responses to comments to your email address. If I don't know your email address, please check back here within two days for your response!