The View From Here
Overcast, and occasional glimpses of blue, that sometimes seep out and colonize the white-gray. Mirrored, indoors, by our ceiling project! Phil has covered the homey, warm cedar tongue-and-groove ceiling with sky-blue insulating board, and we're now in the process of covering up that sky with further insulative muslin!
We took a hike on the beach just now - shorter than yesterday's because I'm fatigued, but not short on beautiful views - here is the bay where Phil (and I too) love to play:
And here's Phil, who just can't keep a straight face!
(At that point, I lost access to the internet at the laundromat, where I was hanging out. So now I am at Safeway, praying that I haven't lost my morning's translation work (it has to be uploaded and is prone to crashing and losing your work if interrupted in any way!)
They are resting on my wool scarf, which I'm still wearing here in July (although when we're walking with the wind behind us, or have been walking for some time, it gets to be too warm).
Up For This Week
This week, I want to calm down! I want to find the way back to feeling good about what I'm doing, and not feeling like I'm in a desperate rush all the time. Probably, getting the ceiling covered will help with this, because then we can put the cabin back into some kind of order - everything is upside down, out of place and dirty from dust being knocked onto it at the moment! I'm generally very tolerant of clutter and mess, but this has been tough. And of course, it's tough for Phil too and we resonate.
So, if my blogging can help with that in any way, that's what I want to do here this week!
As always, I'd love to hear from anyone who wishes to chip in with advice and suggestions.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I greatly appreciate any and all comments, and endeavor to respond to each one individually. Until I have figured out a fully automated comment platform, I try to 'hand-deliver' responses to comments to your email address. If I don't know your email address, please check back here within two days for your response!