Happy July everyone! Now that it's July, I can reveal that for this month's issue of Eighty Percent Raw, I conducted a lengthy interview with none other than the Father of Raw Foods, Viktoras Kulvinskas! You can see the interview here. He was very generous and gracious with his time - it was a great experience and I'm excited to get to share it now. It's a funny thing in the publishing world, when you have to contain your excitement and avoid stealing your own thunder!
I just got back from working bees with some friends. My own two hives really haven't built up very much at all - they had such a rough journey up here and then it was cold and then the dandelions bloomed late and short... I'm going to merge them together and move them to our place, where they'll have a lookout on the roof of our bunker, safe from bears. But we were working a friend's two overwintered hives - bees everywhere, beautiful queens, doing great. No smoke, no gloves. Loads of drones and some queen cells hanging off the edges indicating that they're considering swarming. No point in doing that here, and we don't want them to do that, so there was a scene of drone destruction wreaked. I got stung once - by a nettle! But then right at the end, a little bee crawled onto the center of my hand and, quite deliberately, stung me. I said 'oh, sweetie, you don't want to sting me!' but everyone else agreed that that was most likely exactly what she wanted to do.
And - I'm embarrassed to admit - I took the camera along but didn't take any pictures. It was just starting to rain, and that added to the 'get it done and put it back together so that we quit disturbing them soon' vibe. Soon, though!
I saw the naturopath this morning and have started the DMSA chelation for mercury and lead - three months of that and then, he says, we can finally really start addressing the yeast. I'll write more about what we talked about, or about food and writing and how they're mutually reinforcing for me, maybe tomorrow. I know I've been very reticent about the whole subject recently, partly due to uncertainty about level of interest or how helpful it might be to others. But it's a big deal in my life and so I probably should.
Love to all!

No pics? well, that happens :)
ReplyDeleteThe chelation..wow, you are really serious about healing yourself. Just take it slow and here's to wonderful health waiting for you on the other side :) Yeast. I think that some ppl are just prone to chronic candidaisis (sp?). Thankfully i am not one of them but when i was eating my allergens and my gut was out of whack, I was more prone...but rebalacing my gut, getting off allergens, no issues anymore. I hope you get there too!
love the interview!!!!