Still kicking here - kicking stronger and happier still, in fact. I've been very focused on some translation work, which is why I haven't written for a few days, but there is lots that I want to share here soon.
I had some conflicting feedback from my Mum and brother the other day: Mum suggested I make much shorted posts, while my brother said that he prefers longer posts. I am in two minds about this myself: I understand that being a person who read the Iliad in Greek makes me something of a dinosaur - this is not the era of the long attention span! And I do very much intend what I write to be read! On the other hand, I think that if something is worth reading, even if it is long a person will take the time to read it.
So, here is my promise, and my challenge to myself. I will go back and adorn those longer articles with subheadings and other visual cues so that there is some sort of contour/relief (pun intended) for the eye, so that there is a logical parcelling up that can be taken in at a glance. Hopefully it won't look so monolithic and intimidating that way :) And my challenge to myself is that I will also teach myself how to take photos and include them in my blog for other visual relief. My Mum pointed out that that photo of me, taken 6 months ago by my sister-in-law with her iPhone, does not do me justice either, and whilst I am not a very visual person myself and might even prefer a thousand words to a picture, pictures are fun and can convey some things my words cannot.
There we have it!
I can't seem to make that link work! I'm just trying to make this post link to the next post to which it's referring. Appreciate any suggestions...
ReplyDeleteOoh - never mind! Fixed it!
ReplyDelete