Happy Friday! After some technology issues in the midst of the blizzard yesterday, and after meeting yesterday's editing deadline, I'm starting to feel like I'm in the home straight with my class preparation. I've recorded, edited and uploaded four videos into YouTube and into my course--just two more I really have to do this weekend, although four would be nice. I could never have imagined saying what I just said--me, record videos??? (Yes, they're pretty basic and mostly me talking over PowerPoint slides, but a couple weeks ago I didn't know how to use PowerPoint either.)
The blizzard: here is the igloo outside our house!
I missed last week's Bliss Connect challenge, but only in the sense that I didn't flag any post as being part of it: the challenge was about resolutions and intentions, and I sure did those.
This week, it's about Fitness and exercising when in a hurry. I'm in a hurry right now, heading out the door to our belated anniversary party, and am in the wrong computer for file access (and the wrong browser--FireFox and blogger must hate each other!), hence lack of links (will fix tomorrow) (edit--ok, later tonight).
Snow shoveling is awesome exercise! I mentioned the foam roll recently too, and that is wonderful for decompressing from hours of typing.
I've definitely been feeling the need to make sure I exercise despite working probably sixteen-eighteen hour days lately. I make sure I do my "Five Tibetans" when I first get up, and then spend fifteen minutes or so on the rebounder. I do at least another fifteen minutes later in the day. Sometimes, I grab the jump rope and do intervals until I'm winded and wired! And just like I throw pushups and crunches into the Five Tibetans, sometimes I'll get down and do fifteen or twenty minutes of different kinds of crunches with lunges and squats, and jump rope intervals in between.
I love having these tools at my disposal so that I can be well exercised indoors (it's about five degrees outside, and headed below zero) and close to my work.
Playing in the kitchen is like a workout for me sometimes--just how I roll, multitasking and running around. I have lots of carrot-based goodies to share soon (for a great surprise)--this is the anniversary big-deal (half built)
And this is a tweak on my breakfast carrot slaw I've been loving so much......while this is something raw and hearty and full of both carrots and parsnip!
Love to everyone and excuse the hurried post--I'll tidy it up tomorrow. (OK tonight!)




oh the joys of technology :)
ReplyDeleteand thank goodness for indoor workouts. a lifesaver this time of year
stay warm!
Thanks, Ladies--yes, I'm so grateful for all the ways to move without getting out, although I do miss getting outside.
Deletelove
Ela
Glad you are keeping active even cooped up inside.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a tease, I am very curious about the carrot cake recipe now. Carrots are a great winter veggie.
Thanks, bitt--I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a tease. I just really wanted to put a post up, had lots to say and no time to say it! I'll try to get the follow up posted tomorrow.
DeleteI could eat carrots three meals a day (I did today) all year round, but I don't think I ate them this prolifically before I lived in AK, which kind of proves your point.
love
Ela
I'm so glad you got a chance to still have an anniversary party. Don't forget to post about it.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally a workout nut. I actually made time to exercise before my wedding and prior to going into labor with each of my children. The day just doesn't seem right without a good workout. It makes me feel good :-)
Thanks, Shannonmarie--it was nice to have a party!
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty dedicated to workouts! I bet it made your labors (and the wedding) easier, though, being well limbered up. And making you feel good is the best reason.
love
Ela