I've been talking so much about how Tapping has been helping me, but after three days on the road, I have to confess that it isn't bullet-proof. I have been totally off-kilter all day today, just trying to get back on track. And of course, part of feeling off-kilter is the sense of feeling waaaay behind, having been in such a good flow before we left for Anchorage, including on blog posts.
I have a party to catch up on...
At which Phil got seriously into the crab...
And I've got a beautiful trip into the backcountry around Anchorage to catch up on...
But before I do any of that, let me share our latest new member:
Phil ordered us a Sunfrost refrigerator, to replace our tiny and non-sealing fridge. The new guy is very
We had two asymmetrical pairs of boards, and we got it off of the truck by sliding it down one pair, then pushed it down to the end of that pair, onto the next pair, moved the previous pair to the front, over and over... And this thing must not be tipped over, just to raise the stakes a little more...
It was snowy, but not icy enough to make the sliding easy to do. I'm kind of glad that it wasn't--if we'd been slipping every which way too, that would have been even harder. We were still quite a long way from the cabin when I had to leave for my writers group and we'd done several changes of running boards!
We finished the job after dinner. Look how light it is outside at 8pm and how much of the snow had melted already!
So, we finally got it down to the cabin. Tomorrow, we'll have to figure out how to get it in there!
Now it's time to make up jokes about bringing refrigerators to Alaska...
I'm glad to be home. What do you have planned for this huge full moon weekend (one of the biggest full moons for years)?










Goodness gracious! Good luck with getting that fridge in the cabin. I suppose it could live on the porch if need be, eh? :) Just run a cord to it. I'm sure you'll make good use of it. My landlady replaced a crappy old fridge that stopped working with one she bought from her boss, sight unseen. I asked her if she had asked about measurements. Nope. Shelves had to be removed, and the stove disconnected and pulled out of the kitchen to get this huge side-by-side into my tiny studio apartment kitchen. It is quite a presence in my place. Because I lost shelves in the kitchen, and the fridge is so big, I ended up storing a lot of stuff in the fridge that you normally wouldn't put in one, but it worked out ok. They say you should set up a kitch to minimize your steps between stove, fridge, and sink. In my kitch, I can stand in one spot and touch all three. I can't open the fridge if the oven is open and vice versa. Ha!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more of your adventures.
No plans for the big moon, except to make sure I go outside and pay my respects and gaze at it for awhile.
Hey Mindy--wow, your kitchen situ sounds quite a bit like mine! I think this fridge is going to be a 'presence' also.
ReplyDeleteNot sure if it would work to keep it on the porch: when outside temperatures are well below freezing, the spare fridge we have outside freezes on the inside. Theoretically, the new one is much better insulated, so maybe that won't happen. But it'll definitely be an interesting experience getting it in there and relocating everything else we have to move...
Gazing at the moon sounds like a pretty good plan!
love
Ela
Oh, Ela! I love the ingenuity in your adventures. :) That looked like quite a workout. Good luck getting it into the cabin.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the view of the moon over the city line of Austin. I've always wanted to go on a midnight moonlit ski, but don't know if I'll get around to that before it wanes.
kt--I hope you get your ski in. This moon is so huge (and so close to the earth) that you might get a pretty good one in even past the peak. Safe travels home!
ReplyDelete