Two disclaimers: the small amounts of maca and carob I consider ok under the 'small amounts of something from Phase 1.5 in the context of something larger' rubric. And, I ended up using cashews (which are on the 'off' list) for the whipped cream/cheeze because I simply didn't have anything else that would work. I did soak them in peroxide and culture them with a probiotic, so mold issues are unlikely.
So, then, the base was:
1 cup(soaked/dried) pecans,
1 cup pulp from making milk (could use 2c nuts but I like the lighter texture)
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon maca
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pure stevia
and some nutmeg and cinnamon.
A little water to get to stick, for which I used my yeast-fighting pau d'arco/reishi tea.
All blended together in the food processor.
This was just barely enough for a thin crust for a 9-in plate.
*Yeast fighters: coconut oil, pau d'arco/reishi tea
The almond layer was:
1 cup almond butter
3/4 cup cashew cheese (made the night before by blending soaked cashews, juice of half a lemon, a pinch salt, 1/4t stevia, acidophilus)
1/4 t almond extract
1/4 t pure stevia
Blended with immersion blender - was very hard work for it! Added a little tea.
This made slightly more than enough for the 9-in plate.
*Yeast fighters: acidophilus, pau d'arco/reishi tea.
The chocolate layer was:
1/4 c cacao butter
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 c ground cacao nibs
2 scoops chocolate 'Amazing Grass' superfood powder
1 tablespoon carob
1 tablespoon lecithin
scraped vanilla pod
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pau d'arco/reishi tea
Blended slowly with immersion blender until all incorporated: added the tea last and gradually. Poured a layer of this over the almond layer. Reserve at least 1/2c for final swirl.
(Man, this was so so so good!)
*Yeast fighters: pau d'arco/reishi tea
The top creme layer was:
Remaining 1 c of cashew cheese (see almond layer)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons lecithin
2 tablespoons powdered psyllium
2 tablespoons xylitol
scraped vanilla bean
1/4 teaspoon salt
sprinkling ground cloves
All blended with immersion blender.
Pour over the top of the chocolate layer, let sit in fridge or freezer for a while, and then pour 1/2 cup remaining chocolate mixture into center and swirl.
This layer was the least successful layer (it sort of tasted like bananas!) It wasn't quite enough for a really deep swirl.
*Yeast fighters: acidophilus, coconut oil, xylitol.
For me, a small piece of this is incredibly satisfying and delicious. At the party, despite the plethora of other foods, half of it got eaten and everyone liked it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I greatly appreciate any and all comments, and endeavor to respond to each one individually. Until I have figured out a fully automated comment platform, I try to 'hand-deliver' responses to comments to your email address. If I don't know your email address, please check back here within two days for your response!