Our friend Chuck came to visit and spent the night, and we found a camera someone had given Phil, and got it to work! It's very frustrating because you can only take 12 photos before the memory is full, and it has a habit of turning itself off right when you've gotten your shot lined up, but I have a few pics to share nonetheless!
Here are Phil and Chuck being silly and brotherly:
You can see how bright a day it was from the reflection in the mirror behind them. Bright, but windy, and the wind blew my hair into funny patterns out on the bluff:
We have a 60ft high dead spruce tree that we like to climb up and sit on the top of. It's a favorite perch for our friends the eagles too - a wonderful view from up there:
Eagles always look so haughty...
Finally, from the sky to the ground, I wanted to show one of our rhubarb plants beginning to grow. I'm not sure how well it comes out, but I'd love to track this over the next few weeks: these are tiny little crinkled leaves level with the ground: in May the growth rate of these plants is just astounding.
If you look closely, you can see the little pink leaves all crinkled up. Exciting harbingers of growth!
So, provided I only take 12 at a time, I can take pictures again! It was so bright outside that we couldn't see what we'd taken to decide! We laughed a lot.
More mercury out yesterday - an intense process. More words from me soon too. Love and sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I greatly appreciate any and all comments, and endeavor to respond to each one individually. Until I have figured out a fully automated comment platform, I try to 'hand-deliver' responses to comments to your email address. If I don't know your email address, please check back here within two days for your response!