It's been a very busy week but it's important to me to keep promises. If all goes well, I'll have some photos up in the next few minutes.
I'll start with my lovely Phil! On a camping trip across the bay last summer. Here's another: in his element, on the beach.
Please bear with me with this strange formatting - I'm running out of time and computer battery once again and just getting the hang of this.
A couple photos of my love to begin with, but it turns out that he is really the one who is the excellent photographer. His brother is a professional, and amazing, and told me that Phil could have been too (in addition to all his other talents). But that explains why more of the photos that were in the camera were pictures of me...
Now for some pictures to give a clue about the little one-and-a-bit-room cabin we live in.
This was taken in August, looking east from our cabin. Can you see the double rainbow?
Our cabin's whole south-facing wall is windows from waist-high up. This is due south - the edge of the bluff is 30ft from our windows. This is midwinter sun - look how low in the sky it is!
When the sun is out, our cabin is a solar oven. It can be beyond freezing outside and hot inside!
Here I am at the edge of the bluff outside the cabin, the tide is going out and you can see the beach 400ft below!
Goofy, but Phil caught me sitting up in our sleeping loft - he's below, with his back to all those south-facing windows, in the main room.
And finally - Phil was very displeased with the way the zoom distorted my face, and it is an awful picture of me, but I'm including it because you can see our outhouse in the background through the west window (and appreciate my earlier enema story even more!) Also, the blue canister behind me is the six-gallon jug with spigot that serves as our sink water.
I have more pictures to post but the internet is so slow and Phil is waiting to go home, so that should be enough for this time. Yay, though - finally did it!
It looks beautiful there!! You're very pretty too :)
ReplyDelete